Monday, November 18, 2013

The Make Me A Cook CHALLENGE To Steph Anderson!!

For my entire life I've desired to be a great cook I just never had the time to spend on it. While I'm now home with my Emmie more I STILL have no time. I continue to hear about the amazing Steph Anderson who cooks the "going back to school dinner" and wonder "could I ever be like Steph?" I can b/c I'm giving Steph a challenge to get me 5 EASY recipes that I can make, including a shopping list. So stayed tuned for the challenge b/c it's going to be epic. Tonight I made Rachel Ray's Apricot Chicken. I was given this recipe by Beth Lankenau awhile ago and it's awesome. Beth makes it over brown rice so of course I had to do the same.... I'll let you know how Steve feels about it once he tries it but I'm thinking it will be a success!


Recipe: Apricot Chicken Recipe
Rated stars out of 5 Rate
This Recipe Read 215 Reviews
Total Time: 35 min Prep 10 min Cook 25 min

 Healthy Weeknight Dinners
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut in 1/2 across on an angle
Salt and pepper
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
12 dried pitted apricots, chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup apricot all fruit spread or apricot preserves
3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish






Directions Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium high heat. Add oil and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly brown the chicken a few minutes on each side, add onions. Cook 5 minutes. Add vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate. Add apricots and stock. When stock comes to a bubble, add preserves and stir to combine. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.

 Per Serving: Calories: 361; Total Fat: 9 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 34 grams; Total carbohydrates: 35 grams; Sugar: 26 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 97 milligrams; Sodium: 309 milligrams Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/apricot-chicken-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment