Here is what was for dinner tonight, it got a big thumbs up from Steve!
Bow-Tie Pasta (or whatever pasta you want) with Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage!
- 1 (12-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (9-oz.) package fresh spinach*
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, and cook 3 minutes. Add chicken broth; cook 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in hot cooked pasta, and serve immediately.
- *Fresh baby spinach may be substituted- and you SHOULD substitute b/c it's awesome.....